Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Are We Where We Are Supposed To Be?

 One of the hardest things to do, at least in my opinion, is truly believing that we are where God has us to be. Now, don't get me wrong, I fully and completely trust God and His plan for my life, but if you're anything like me, believing that I am right where I am supposed to be is a hard concept for me to grasp. And it's not because I don't want to. I think that there's a real peace about knowing and accepting that you are exactly where you are supposed to be at the current moment, but it's because I am excited about what He has in store for me, and I am anxious to get there, and in doing so, I find myself believing that I need to do more that I'm not doing. I think that I'm falling behind, discouraged by the lies that I'll never find my God-given purpose; and if you have ever felt the same way, I want to encourage you with something that has encouraged me; and that's not just the idea that God has me exactly where He wants me and has given me everything that I need for all that He has in store for me within the moment, but it's the fact that there are blessings and opportunities in today, in the moment that you and I are in, no matter how mundane it may seem; and if we are so focused on what we aren't doing, on what's way off ahead of us, than we are going to miss out on all that God has for us right here and now!
 See, God wants to take you to higher places using where you are right now as a stepping stone. So start living in the moment and believing that, for right now, you are perfectly placed in your life, and where you are and, through that, God is going to use wherever you are to take you into the future, the destiny, and lead into the God-given purpose that He has in store for you. 

1 comment: